Updated: Jul 30
Welcome to the next installment of my Meet the Spice Blend series, where I'm sharing the inspiration for, back stories of, and uses for my ever-expanding collection of small batch, handcrafted spice blends. Next up, let's meet Good on Everything Rub!!
The Back Story
This, my friends, is where it all started. As I embarked on this flavorful journey, the Good on Everything Rub emerged as my very first creation, developed with meticulous care and a dash of inspiration. A harmonious medley of Spanish paprika, garlic, sugar, cumin, black pepper, thyme, and kosher salt, it was initially crafted as a BBQ rub, but its incredible taste and versatility soon surpassed its humble beginnings. With its ability to elevate any dish to new heights, from grilled meats to roasted vegetables and even soups, the Good on Everything Rub quickly became a favorite among my customers, captivating taste buds and hearts alike with its delightful essence and culinary magic.
The Flavor Profile - Good on Everything Rub
The flavor profile of the Good on Everything Rub is a symphony of delight for the senses. The vibrant Spanish paprika infuses a warm, smoky essence that dances harmoniously with the rich notes of garlic, creating a delightful aromatic foundation. The subtle sweetness of sugar adds a delicate touch, perfectly balanced by the earthy warmth of cumin and the gentle kick of black pepper. As a nod to the herbaceous wonders, the inclusion of thyme imparts a refreshing and fragrant flair. Lastly, the kosher salt binds all the flavors together, enhancing every nuance with a subtle, savory touch. This combination results in a captivating blend that effortlessly elevates dishes to new dimensions, leaving a lasting impression of culinary excellence on every palate it graces.
Versatility in the Kitchen - Good on Everything Rub
Here are some easy ways to use the Good on Everything Rub in your home cooking:
1. BBQ Marvel: As its original purpose, use Good on Everything as a dry rub for meats like chicken, ribs, or pork before grilling or smoking to achieve mouthwatering BBQ perfection.
2. Savory Roasts: Sprinkle Good on Everything generously over beef, lamb, or even whole chickens before roasting, infusing your roasts with a symphony of flavors.
3. Vegetable Delight: Elevate roasted vegetables by tossing them in olive oil and the Good on Everything Rub before popping them in the oven or air fryer, enhancing their natural taste and adding a delightful zing. Indeed, this is how my sister-in-law got her daughters to LOVE Brussels sprouts!
4. Scrumptious Soups and Stews: Enhance the depth of flavor in your soups and stews by adding a pinch of Good on Everything, allowing it to work its magic as it simmers.
5. Delicious Dips and Spreads: Mix the Good on Everything Rub with creamy Greek yogurt or sour cream for a delectable dip to pair with veggies, chips, or crackers.
6. Hearty Pasta Dishes: Elevate your pasta dishes by sprinkling Good on Everything over creamy alfredo, marinara sauce, or even homemade mac and cheese.
7. Mouthwatering Marinades: Create tantalizing marinades by combining Good on Everything with olive oil, lemon juice, and your choice of herbs, adding a burst of flavor to meats and veggies.
8. Wholesome Grain Bowls: Sprinkle the Good on Everything Rub over quinoa, rice, or farro bowls for a burst of flavor and a touch of sophistication.
9. Eggs and Avocado Toast: Elevate your breakfast game by using the blend to season scrambled eggs or to top avocado toast with a burst of flavor.
Remember, this blend is aptly named "Good on Everything" for a reason, so don't hesitate to get creative and experiment with various dishes to discover the many delightful ways it can enhance your home cooking experience!
A Bite of Good Recipes that use Good on Everything Rub
Looking for some more concrete guidance on how to use Good on Everything Rub? Check out these A Bite of Good recipes!
Bourbon BBQ Butter Grilled Oysters - While this butter is obviously amazing on grilled oysters, you wouldn't go wrong putting a pat of it on a good steak, rubbing it on some grilled corn, or melting some into a baked sweet potato.
Smoked Picanha Steak with Three-Herb Chimichurri - Indulge in the delightful flavors of Smoked Picanha Steak, seasoned to perfection and served with a zesty Three-Herb Chimichurri sauce, adding a burst of freshness to every savory bite.
Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches - Pulled pork is easily one of my favorite things to make in the slow cooker because it's so damn versatile. Whether you're craving sandwiches like these, tacos, posole, or a mean grown-up-grilled-cheese, the possibilities are kind of endless. So get out that slow cooker and get cooking!
Cold "Fried" Chicken Bites - This is perhaps the perfect make-ahead picnic fried chicken recipe made even more perfect by the fact that it's made in an air fryer.
Ready to get your own Good on Everything Rub? Get it here.